Thursday, March 29, 2012

Of Flowers, Brown Paper Packages and Chubby Strays

Yesterday I was spoiled. I went out to check the mail and found a lovely brown paper package on my porch, I wasn't expecting anything so this came as a wonderful surprise.
My friend Teri has been following my blog for some time, and when I had talked about embroidery and learning to crewel, she jumped right in saying she had tons of crewel yarn, and that she was happy to share.
A couple months later, this appears!


A shoebox stuffed with brightly coloured crewel yarn and a lovely letter! It made my entire day, so Teri, if you're reading this THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I LOVE IT!

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, my folks dropped by with this:

Some beautiful Crocus'! My mum and dad just wanted to drop it off 'for no reason' apparently, other than that they knew I loved flowers.
Like I said, completely spoiled.
I've also had this little guy hanging around.


I don't know why he's decided to try and adopt us, but he shows up most mornings, mewing at the door like he lives here.
He's very friendly and cute, and not exactly a 'starving stray' either.
I think he's a polygamous cat, and has several houses he visits regularly.
I keep trying to explain he doesn't live here, and that we're just not interested in making that kind of commitment right now, but like the song: "The cat came back, the very next day. The cat came back, he just wouldn't stay away."
He sits on the back porch while I hang laundry, he looks through the window at baby Eloise who squeals in delight every time he paws the screen.
Sorry kitty! You're cute, but not that cute!

Peace,
Photobucket

5 comments:

Niki said...

A lovely day :)

Cel said...

I had a book as a kid called The Cat With Two Homes, about Wally, who was the pet of a tall thin Smith family but started gaining weight when he spent half his time with the short and chunky Tubs family hah, reminds me of that.

I'd adopt him, but I don't have a baby girl :P I dropped off some lillies for my friend Helen and her new baby, perhaps you mamas just naturally draw in flower-love?

Mimi said...

What lovely surprises you have been given! How fun!

Rachel S said...

What a great suprise. Two really!

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome Jenny! -Teri

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...