Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY Decongestant Shower Disks

DIY Decongestant Shower Disks


My whole household has been sick with a cold and I desperatly wanted something to help clear our poor sinus'.
Thakfully I came across THIS. A recipe for a vicks vapor rub shower disk knock-off.
The recipe is extremely easy:


  • Baking Soda
  • Water
  • Eucalyptus EO
  • Rosemary EO
  • Lavender EO
With 2 cups of baking soda I was able to make about 8 disks.
Add water to baking soda slowly, until it is thick and resembles putty, add 15 drops of each essential oil.
Spoon into lined muffin tray and let dry over-night OR bake at 350' for 20 minutes. 

I added a little too much water to mine, and they didn't set as well as I would've liked overnight - so I popped them into a 350 oven for about 15 minutes and they seem just right. 

To store keep in dry place, and are well kept in just a simple paper bag.
Try not to put disk under direct water-fall, instead put it on a shelf or side of the tub. The steam of your shower should draw out the EO's and you'll keep your disks longer. 

Enjoy!

Peace,

Photobucket

7 comments:

Niki said...

pinned it :)
will be making this before cold season hits
love ya
mum xxoo

Susie Q said...

FANTASTIC IDEA!

MommyGirl said...

LOVE EOs and how amazingly they help my family.

Btw, visiting from MbG. *grin*

Susie Q said...

I finally made some....and couldn't get them out of the silly tin. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

^
Paper or silicone liners!

Lynnette H said...

If you don't have the rosemary, can you sub something? I have lemon, sweet orange, lavender, spearmint, and of course tee tree.

Lynnette H said...

If you don't have the rosemary, can you sub something? I have lemon, sweet orange, lavender, spearmint, and of course tee tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...