Friday, October 15, 2010

Lavender Tea Bead

Today was a cold, gloomy day. We've been having rain all week, and it just was not letting up!
It was definitely a home-cozy kinda day.
I tried out two new recipes: Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Bake, and
Lavender Tea Cake.
I had never made a dish that included lavender before, so I was a little hesitant.
I had some dried lavender, so I went for it. It didn't call for much - just 3 Tbs. fresh or 1 Tbs. dried.
I did however, make some adjustments to the recipe, instead of adding the whole 1 Tbs of flowers, I ground 1/2 of it, so it would be able to mix into the batter more evenly; then mixed the other half in.

Next, you had to simmer it in milk, to really get the flavouring out. I also had some dried spearmint in my stash, so a couple pinches of that went in too!


I baked it in a loaf pan, and finished it with a citrus glaze of lemon and orange. Finally a few flowers sprinkled on top for presentation.
I quite liked and the smell in my kitchen was wonderful!
It's edible aromatherapy!!

Jeremie also put together some shelving for me to go in my craft room! Yay! I can't wait to get that room organized. Thanks hunny!


A little while ago I brought my drum over to my folks' place to play a few songs for Henry. Jeremie's a great guitarist, and I like to join him every so often on my own little instrument.
Henry's only 2 and a half but that little guy sure has a gift for music!
He would beat in time with me as we sung: "Octopus' Garden" Of course, instead of being in the octopus' garden in the shade, we're "In an Octopus' garden with Henry!"

And here's a picture of P.J. attacking her new enemy in the apartment.
The printer.
She hates it for some reason, and any time it makes even a beep, she's right there to pounce on any moving paper.
P.J. The Defender!

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! I know I did!
Peace,
- Jenny

4 comments:

Niki said...

just a lovely post sweetie :)

Anonymous said...

The tea cake looks delicious. I love Lavender, but have never thought to put it in food. I think I need to try that.
Love the kitty attacking the printer- too cute.

Erin said...

Great post Jen!

Jenny - Pocketful Of Posies said...

Jeremie loves the tea cake (which was funny to me) but he said he really enjoys the taste and the smell it gives off. :)
My next experiment will be to substitute the sugar with honey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...